[smart_track_player url=”http://api.spreaker.com/download/episode/8985739/robert_mathis_habits_of_grace.mp3″ title=”Ep 40: David Mathis on Habits of Grace” image=”http://d1bm3dmew779uf.cloudfront.net/large/70394d8a7d36fb9e2cf10257c294d3d0.jpg” social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” ]
David Mathis, author of Habits of Grace, talks to us about developing a life that walks in the grace of God.
Three seemingly unremarkable principles shape and strengthen the Christian life: listening to God’s voice, speaking to him in prayer, and joining together with his people as the church. Though often viewed as normal and routine, the everyday “habits of grace” we cultivate give us access to these God-designed channels through which his love and power flow—including the greatest joy of all: knowing and enjoying Jesus.
- 02:45 What was your angle on the spiritual disciplines in Habits of Grace?
- 09:58 Tell us a little backstory on forming the content for Habits of Grace.
- 19:20 Robert talks about putting habits in terms of opportunity rather than obligation.
- 21:45 Can you talk to us about Christian meditation?
- 28:47 What are different ways we communicate with God and how do different seasons of life take us down different pathways of prayer?
- 35:48 What are we underestimating about gathering together as the body worship?